Thursday, January 14, 2010

Guilt...it does a body good!

Guilt - is a cognitive or an emotional experience that occurs when a person realizes or believes - whether justified or not - that he or she has violated a moral standard, and is responsible for that violation. It is closely related to the concept of remorse.

I have heard you are not supposed to feel guilty if you miss a workout, because you make a conscious decision to miss the workout and you should accept the consequence and be alright with it. I believe this AND accept it.

However, it hit me this am when I attempted to tell myself that I could go back to sleep AGAIN after the alarm went off! The guilt got me out of bed so fast, you'd think there was a fire in the house. I am good with this type of guilt, the kind that keeps you moving towards your goals. And I have some moving to do!

Ah, and as my coach says...
You and you alone are the only person that stands in the way of your goals. Dig deep, find your focus and make every moment count.


Dig Deeper My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment