Monday, January 18, 2010

How times have changed...

Yeah, 1st 2010 1/2 marathon in the books. It was Heather a.k.a. Pandora, Patricia, Angie and myself. Woo Hoo, girls day! It was pretty cold in the am, but, I think we were all dressed perfect. The only snag before the race started was when Pandora 'lent' her 3-D glasses to 'Johnny'! The Topeka to Auburn run is a hilly course, so we all took it easy. It was a fun run AND 40 degrees at the finish! We all finished in the top 10 in our age groups! Now that's the way to start 2010!

The day after the run, Sunday, Heather and I had on our schedule, an hour an a half bike ride on the trainer and a 2500 meter swim. After my 'recovery' swim, I could only muster an hour on the trainer, it was torture! We had weights on the schedule today (I added in the Insanity - Sports Intervals...actually really fun!).

The weekend's run and following workouts made me think about my first 1/2...2005, Kansas City Waddell and Reed...time...1:54:03. I remember going to Henry T's (local sports bar and my place of employment during college) eating buffalo strips (or something very similar in fat content) and drinking either beer or Bloody Mary's after the race. GOOD TIMES! I remember telling my friend Donna, that I was not going to workout for a week, and I didn't. I fully recovered and it was great.

Ahhh, those were the days!

Here's to making new memories (minus the beer, chicken and recovery weeks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment