Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What is this world coming to?

Ok, so I have never seen anything like this in my life. Here's the background...I am in the worst grocery here in Lawrence, worst as in the people are sketchy, you always have to wait in line to checkout (that sounds snooty but there are other stores in town where you don't have to wait!) and it's not that clean...BUT it's close to the gym and I wanted to get home fast.

I am getting cheese from the deli...there is an older couple in the electric carts savoring their free samples of who knows what. For 'dessert', the woman picked up something that looked like a cross between green jello with marshmallows and cole slaw, I seriously could not figure out what it was. They are chowing down. I hate to judge, but it didn't look like these guys needed to be eating their dinner in the store in their electric carts. Here's the kicker...I look over at the lady and she has her toothpick in hand, IN THE OLIVE BAR. Enough said. So gross, I cannot stand ignorant people and this women really takes the cake...if there was a sample of one I am sure she would have. Ugh! (and you know that she can walk just fine, she wasn't hesitant at all to jump up to oogle at a baby she knew, probably spilling olive juice all over it)

Other news - TRAINING - Yup, it's now hard. We are putting in about 12-14 hrs. a week. We went to a swim/strengthening training last night. Just visualizing the muscles used while swimming really helped my swim tonight. February's schedule is about this. Swims are about 3,000 yrds x 3 times a week, biking is 1-1:15 hr. x 2 times per week, 2-2:50 hrs. on Sat. and the run is 1-1:15 hrs. x 2 times per week and 2 hrs. on Sun. Strength training 1-2 times per week. Needless to say, 2nd week in this schedule and I am ready for bed now, it's 8:30!

Back to watching the Olympics! Go USA! Go Lindsey Vonn and Shawn White!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment