Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Non- Negotiable

Direction from Coach Ben- you must join a Masters swim group. NON- NEGOTIABLE. So, tonight I drug myself to the pool at PV to put myself through a grueling workout with the Masters. I guess I was too excited and arrived about 15 minutes early. I sat on a lounge chair watching other people swim- some of the triathletes getting in their swim time, I know very well. I'm just kind of spacing off and who do I see in the water? Coach Ben! I guess I get brownie points now since I held to my end of the non-negotiable. He could see for himself that I was there at the pool and would be putting in my workout with the group. His reason for me swimming with this group makes perfect sense- to get faster in the water, swim with faster people. We chatted for awhile and then it was time for me to get started. I can't believe I'm going to say this but it was actually ok! Having a workout with varied distances and drills seemed to make the time go much faster. It didn't hurt that I was kicking the guy's ass that was swimming in my lane. That never happens to me! I put in 2700 m and am not dead- I'm assuming that means progress is being made. The thing about swimming that perplexes me is that I'm always absolutely starving afterwards! I just can't get enough food it seems. I wonder if everyone else feels this way or if it's just some weird thing with my body. Anyway, another swim behind me.. two more for the week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment