Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rest day

Ahh.. what to do, what to do. I have a rest day on my schedule- yesterday was a run and bike- not too bad. Kelly came and joined the girls and I so of course, the run went quickly and was a blast. People always ask runners, "What do you talk about that whole time"? I can't even beging to list the topics but let's just say P Rosa got us started on a doozie of one and our goal pace miles went from 9 minute miles to less then 8:30's. Yes! It was that interesting!! It's hard for me to be not getting ready for a workout and planning my day around that, even knowing my muscles need the recovery. You'd think I would be relieved but actually, it causes me a bit of anxiety. I'm really wondering if a rest day means I don't have to clean my house, either. Now that takes some work! I see all the clothes that need to be washed- where do they come from? I do laundry every day it seems.... the vacumn needs to be run, the dishwasher emptied and filled again, the kitchen floor scrubbed and then there's my pile of ironing- UGH! Does anyone iron everything at once these days? Oh, except my mom?
It's going to be a gorgeous day! I think I'll forget about what to do and get out on the deck and finish my book. Now that's a rest day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment