Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunrise

Alarm clock goes off at 5:15. I listen closely- darn it! No storm, no lightning. That means there is no getting out of my swim workout. I let the dogs out and am hoping it's going to be freezing which would give me another out. Not so lucky, it wasn't bad out at all. So, I got my swim stuff on, grabbed my bag and off I went. It was my first time swimming at Roeland Park with the masters so I didn't know what to expect. I pulled into the parking lot and already the water was full of swimmers. I knew then that there were no excuses. It actually looked really cool watching people swimming in this lit up pool in the dark. I paid my money, talked to the coach for a bit and got down to business. There were three other people in my lane- all very nice and welcoming. I ended up having a great swim and I've got to tell you, being able to watch the sunrise as it turned the sky a beautiful shade of pink was absolutely spectacular. Call me crazy but being in the water at 6 am is actually not such a bad thing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment