Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sometimes I don't want to talk about training

Ok so what I do want to talk about is my amazing son! That kid never ceases to amaze me and this morning was no exception. We are experiencing his first Homecoming and Spirit Week as a freshman at BVNW ( my tummy gets that good feeling as all the memories of my Homecomings are being lived again ( but not my senior year- that one needs to be forgotten)). It's so awesome to see the whole school get involved- I could count on my hands this morning the kids I saw that were NOT dressed up according to the theme of the day. They start every morning with short dances created by groups of boys in each class and my son, Oliver, was performing today. Two words- fabulous and hilarious! Those kiddos can dance! All those new moves- the jerking and the twitching.. I don't know what they're called but it sure beats the sprinkler for sure!!! The group of seven ended  their dance with Oliver doing a back flip- I was nervous because he was on a cement floor, not a spring floor- but he landed it and the crowd erupted with applause and wild chants of 'Freshmen, Freshmen!'. Now we're on the countdown to the big dance.... I'll be a mess.. my baby is just growing up too fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment