Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Stunt Woman I was not meant to be....

It's the craziest thing- I keep falling on Saturday long runs. Not just a little trip or stumble, but a full-on, down to the ground fall. The first time was in Lawrence and as Kelly said, 'I was a bloody mess'. My arm and leg were scraped up and blood had gotten all over my shirt. Yep, pretty nasty. I was just about healed when, crash!- right on the Trolley Trail where there are of course, tons of people. How embarassing! Same side and everything. This time, I stopped the fall by jamming my elbow into my ribs and as we all know, there's nothing you can do for broken, cracked or fractured ribs but dope up on heavy pain medication. Thankfully, mine are just bruised but don't get me wrong, it's still pretty painful. I choose not to dose up on pills but instead choose sport-induced endorphins. Swimming last night with Kelly was awesome- it was fun to have someone to chat with and to remind each other, WE LOVE SWIMMING!. Tonight is Runner's Edge speed sessions so we'll see how that goes. I have a feeling I won't be leaving anyone in my dust but I'll give it my best. Let's just hope I don't fall.....

No comments:

Post a Comment